All GreenRace Survey Results
AT A GLANCE
Thanks to the hard work of all the volunteers and the GreenRace crew, the polls indicate another successful event! 7.45/10 average enjoyment, 8.00 would recommend, 8.50 will attend again. The lowest rating we received was 7.64 and it’s about our course, numerous runners found the final climb/descent to be too challenging and expressed a preference that it be reversed. As always, we take ALL feedback very much to heart and we will continue striving to make GreenRace Events even more special for our loyal participants!
- Our team, including our wonderful volunteers!
- Our detailed pre-race emails
- Clear course marking
AREAS TO IMPROVE
- An earlier start time would help in case of very hot weather.
- Consider reversing route, back to 2017 route
- Making sure finisher’s medals are available for each runner who has opted-in
How much did you enjoy our Pottinger GreenRace 2018?
- Avg score: 7.45
- “Why do you start so late? I absolutely loved the race, the organisation was amazing but the heat unbearable. Starting earlier would help cope with the heat.”
- “Start earlier if it’s hot. Also one extra cool down station with cold water would have made the race even more enjoyable for a lot of runners”
What did you think of Pottinger Gap as the starting venue and the course running route?
- Avg score: 7.64
- “In the heat, reversing the course would to me have made more sense so that after 13km we did not finish with a long hill climb.”
- “the location is superb, the course is challenging and exciting but the final descent with the ropes would be problematic in the rain”
- “I prefer the course of 2017. This year the loop is anticlockwise which is much more difficult”
How about overall course layout & markings?
- Avg score: 7.79
- “Another water stop at Big Wave Bay would have helped. Clearly separating the finish for the shorter races from the 15 km racers water stop at the ‘finish’ would have helped.”
- “Course markings and layout are first class”
- “Very clear marking and the course layout is great.”
How would you rate the the quality and frequency of event information provided to you, pre race?
- Avg score: 8.25
- “Simply the best. No other race organiser provides as much information via social media and email.”
- “Never had such detailed and informative pre race communication – awesome!”
And our website/registration process?
- Avg score: 7.97
- “Very comprehensive with loads of useful information”
- “Very easy to use”
How satisfied were you with the overall communication + information provided by the GreenRace Team?
- Avg score: 7.97
- “Very timely and transparent info to participants. Really appreciate on these.”
- “The megaphone MC was not very effective”
- “Again, unrivalled communication and level of detail”
What did you think of the option to donate to worthy causes as opposed to receiving certain race pack items?
- Avg score: 8.31
- “I prefer to make my own charitable choices. If I opt out, then I would prefer to have the entry fee reduced”
- “To be applauded and makes the runners feel like they are helpig a worthy cause as well as running a great race.”
- “This was great and would like to see even more! None of us need any of these items.”
Which cause would you like to see your diverted racepack items donations support?
- 1st choice: Concern Group on Concretisation of Hong Kong Trails 32.00%
- 2nd choice: HK Cleanup 24%
- 3rd choice: World Wildlife Fund 17.39%
Would you recommend GreenRace Events to your friends?
- Avg score: 8.00
- “I have recommended GreenRace events to loads of people!!”
- “Pottinger race is the only race I have done with you, but I would not recommend because of the heat”
How likely would you be to attend a future GreenRace event?
- Avg score: 8.50
- “I was only in HK 24 hours on route home and found this race. I am already tryign to plan my next trip to China to coincide with a Green Race in HK! (Looks like September!!)”
- “Try and stop me…..”
- “Dependent on how this feedback is addressed”
- “Again, I really enjoy the atmosphere compared with other races”
USING ONLY ONE WORD….
What was your favorite part of this event?
What could we most improve on?
Additional comments, suggestions, or areas for improvement:
- “Because it is so hot (dangerously so) in May the race should start at either 7:30 am or 8 am at the latest. Also if the weather is as hot in two years as it was this year it may be worth having a water stop checkpoint at Big Wave Bay before the final climb as many people overheated on this section or ran out of water”
- “1) 30+ category rather than 30 to 40. Age is a privacy issue. 2) More photos to be taken. 3) more time to be offered for your events normally falling between April and September. Abandon the UTMB qualifying points.”
- “Overall as always, Martin you bring together a brilliant race and it sets the tone as the friendliest race on the HKG calendar, which in itself is a mean feat!”
YOU’VE WON A FREE SOLO ENTRY TO ANY OF OUR GREENRACE EVENTS!